"Chipped" Keys on old Vauxhall

Have recently purchased an older Astra with only one key so will need to get one cut / programmed.

Never needed to do this before as have always got a couple or more keys with them.

Anyone recommend someone in the Gt Manchester / Cheshire / Preston area's that do this and give me a guide as to how much I should be paying?

TIA.

Reply to
Kaptain Kremin

Depending on what fob it uses, I've found that most key cutters can program quite a few variants.

Reply to
Conor

Cheers. Very slim key, no central locking (or anything else) on the car so I didn't even know it was chipped until a local key cutter told me.

Have tried a couple of places so far and neither can do it.

Regards,

Reply to
Kaptain Kremin

Not Vauxhall I know, but I was very pleasantly surprised recently that I could get a new chipped key for my BMW from a main dealer for only £30.. the ones with remotes and alarm buttons on would have been a lot more, but mine sounds more similar to your key to me.

Reply to
PCPaul

Cheers for that - it'll make a nice change if a visit to a main dealer doesn't require selling the car to pay for the parts ;)

Regards,

KK

Reply to
Kaptain Kremin

Maybe Preston Locks on Tulketh Brow could do it.

Reply to
Pete Zahut

Thanks for the suggestion, will be on Tag Lane next week so will give them a try.

KK

Reply to
Kaptain Kremin

This is the place opposite the junction onto Tom Benson Way?

Just to back up this - they DID cut a key, match-up the "chip" to my

2001 VX (Omega). They didn't have in stock the R/C fob part, but once I got one of these from Perrys, they matched-up that to the car as well. They've got the kit and are pretty reasonable.

There's a "back-street" (Lowther Street?) that the shop is adjacent to, reached from Robuck St, then 1st-right onto Stock's Road (all the "back-streets" that used to lead onto Tulketh Brow are bollarded, access from Stocks-road only. That's a good place to park up to let the lads in the shop get good access to your car with their kit. (not sure if they needed to, on mine, for the immobiliser chip, or the R/C, but either way they spent a good 5 minutes to get everything synched up)

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Yep, that's the one. They couldn't do mine (a Nissan Maxima QX - had to be main dealer) but I've heard good things about them so that's why I said it'd be worth a try there.

Reply to
Pete Zahut

Great, thanks for that Mike.

Regards,