Citroen ZX diesel turbo whistle

Jiffy ( snipped-for-privacy@the.pub) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

There's plenty of others about...

Trim, bodykit, insurance premium...

Reply to
Adrian

Hi all,

I'm hoping that a nice Citroen ZX turbo diesel with be my next car. I've had a look at a couple already. One had no noticeable turbo whistle but the other had a really loud whistle from the exhaust. Both seemed in fine fettle with no nasty clouds of smoke from the exhaust, etc. Does a loud whistle indicate turbo trouble?

I declined the first one because the mileage was higher than advertised, the car wasn't as tidy as I'd have liked and I wasn't happy with the guys story. The second one was clean and tidy enough but there was a lot of oil on the bottom of the gearbox and a horrible notchy gearchange.

I think I'd really like a Volcane. Is there much difference between them and the normal 1.9TD? Just suspension and tyres?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers, Jiffy

Reply to
Jiffy

No worries about ZXs now. I bought a 406 instead!

Cheers, Jiffy

Reply to
Jiffy

Jiffy ( snipped-for-privacy@the.pub) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

1.9TD? Same engine, then...
Reply to
Adrian

:

Aye, I think the 406 version has an intercooler though?

Cheers, Jiffy

Reply to
Jiffy

Jiffy ( snipped-for-privacy@the.pub) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Open the bonnet on a ZX TD - there's a bloody great big ally thing that looks a lot like a radiator hiding the top of the engine, with air ducted through the under bonnet sound deadening...

Reply to
Adrian