Clio cambelt - Y reg

Hello.

Does anyone have any experience of changing a Clio cambelt? If so, a few steps or a link to the procedure would be much appreciated. Do I need any special tools?

Regards,

Q.

Reply to
Quincy

The message from Quincy contains these words:

Which engine?

Reply to
Guy King

Sorry,s hould have been more specific, 1.9 diesel, non-turbo.

Reply to
Quincy

Sorry, should have been more specific, 1.9 diesel, non-turbo.

Reply to
Quincy

every 72000 or 6 yearly. there are two different pump setups, both need special tools according to autodata and the whole job takes 2.6 hours if you have the right tools and know what you are doing.

my guess would be to avoid doing it yourself. personally I would probably get a mobile cambelt man around to do it, unless the cost was ludicrous, in which case I would source the tools first, crank setting pin would be essential, tension gauge could be guessed at, pump holding tool could be made up, you know the sort of stuff.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks chap!