Clio Clutch

Hi

I drive a 2001 Clio (X-reg). Yesterday it went into Renault for new seat tracks.

Anyway, they loaned me a brand new 03 Clio for the day. I found the clutch in the new model so much easier to depress and use than the clutch in my vehicle. In my Clio the clutch seems to put a lot of force back on me and my leg starts aching if depressed for any length of time.

Is it possible to somehow loosen it off? I do have the Haynes manual but not much about clutches in there!

Many thanks in advance, Oli

Reply to
Oli

I'm not familiar with the Clio clutch as such but might you not just have a stiff cable - assuming that it's a cable operated one? I wouldn't have thought that the clutch pedal on such a car would take much to depress it. The engine can't have that high a torque as to need a heavy clutch.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham

Diaphram spring clutches get heavier to depress as the driven plate wears unless they are of the self adjusting type ( as fitted to some bmws for example). If your clutch plate is worn it will take more effort to declutch than a new clutch.

Steve

Reply to
sro

The new Clio has a hydraulic clutch instead of a cable operated one like the last model Clio.

Reply to
CraigM