Demisting windows.

Has anybody heard of that trick with bathroom mirrors to prevent steam from condensating on it? The trick is to spray shaving foam on a bathroom mirror and wipe it off. This, for a while, prevents the mirror from misting up when the bathroom gets steamed up.

Anybody tried this on a car?

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

Never heard of it. but an old biking trick is to smear raw washing up liquid poured onto a tissue and polish the inside of your visor with it, leave it for a moment then polish off any visible gunge left with a dry tissue. That should do it. Why would you want to shave and shower in the car anyway?

-- Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

The message from "Arthur" contains these words:

It's an old trick - using a surfactant to stop the water beading on the glass. It's the formation of tiny individual droplets which spoil the view, if they can be persuaded to run together to form a single thin film vision's a lot better.

Motorbike riders do it with washing up liquid, divers do it with spit. Loads of things work, and yes, it works on car windscreens as well.

Reply to
Guy King

I did, but I kept cutting myself every time I went over a speed hump. And I had to fix the mirror down

Reply to
Marvin The Mouse

The message from "Marvin The Mouse" contains these words:

Now, if you were a woman, using the mirror for personal care while driving would be second nature.

Reply to
Guy King