Dipped Headlights.

No, a TERRIBLE error results in a chase :-)

Reply to
Peter Hucker

Depends what you mean by "bad". "Evil" or "trickster" perhaps.

Reply to
Peter Hucker

Paragraph 112: "to warn other road users of your presence"

Although I disagree with "You MUST NOT use your horn while stationary on the road" - what if I'm waiting at lights and an articulated lorry is about to swipe the side of my car as he's misjudged the cornering?

Reply to
Peter Hucker

My Father does. And frequently causes mishaps when others don't understand what he's doing.

P.S. appropriate random sig inserted below.

Reply to
Peter Hucker

Population of Greater Manchester, 2006 2,553,800 (source www.statistics.g= ov.uk)

Population of Melbourne, 1996 3,283,000 (1996 census)

????

Now that I'll agree with... darling.

BobC

Reply to
BobC

I'll stand corrected. It's nice to see they've obviously done something about it. They certainly used to be the worst in Europe, or was it Western Europe... whatever!

BobC

Reply to
BobC

By you? If so, the situation is worse than I thought.

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

The Portuguese and Greeks were always the worst.

Reply to
Terry F

That would be "Use only while your vehicle is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence. Never sound your horn aggressively." Wouldn't it?

road" - what if I'm waiting at lights and an articulated lorry is about to swipe the side of my car as he's misjudged the cornering? You do know what it means by "MUST NOT", right?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

road" - what if I'm waiting at lights and an articulated lorry is about to swipe the side of my car as he's misjudged the cornering?

Would not the situation Peter is describing be regarded as an emergency

- and legitimate - use of the horn?

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

I'm just not seeing much sign of interest in good driving, that's all.

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

road" - what if I'm waiting at lights and an articulated lorry is about to swipe the side of my car as he's misjudged the cornering?

It would indeed - "except when another road user poses a danger" is what it says.

My point was that there's no point "disagreeing" with the "MUST NOT"s

- they don't represent suggestions, they represent laws.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

The world is doomed!

Reply to
Peter Hucker

the road" - what if I'm waiting at lights and an articulated lorry is about to swipe the side of my car as he's misjudged the cornering?

I prefer the safety of myself and my car to the law.

Reply to
Peter Hucker

Yes, your point?

Reply to
Peter Hucker

If you are going round a roundabout (at whatever speed), and someone pulls directly in front of you because they are too stupid to understand a roundabout or they forget to look or misjudge the distance or whatever reason they have, you cannot have anticipated his mistake.

Reply to
Peter Hucker

Why not?

Reply to
Brimstone

In the long term I expect it is, but it should be OK for another week or two.

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

the road" - what if I'm waiting at lights and an articulated lorry is about to swipe the side of my car as he's misjudged the cornering?

So do I, combined with a bit of freedom to enjoy ourselves.

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

"Have you ever tried angrily pushing a horn on a stick?"

Reply to
Ian Dalziel