Dipped Headlights.

Look past the mistake made by others - a good driver will wonder how they could have approached any situation differently, to diffuse confrontation. A bad driver will just hit the horn and think no more.

Reply to
MrBitsy

Do you live in a tent and smoke marajuana while listening to Beatles records?

Reply to
Peter Hucker

I suspect he lives next door to that particular tent...

Reply to
Pete M

No. No. No.

Got anything interesting to say about driving?

Reply to
MrBitsy

I think that's very unlikely, but who knows what strange ways we may have. Obviously I'm quite normal, but I don't know about the rest of you.

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

doesn't annoy me so much, in fact sometimes it amuses me.

other driver blows his horn. I guarantee 90% of them will.

Well thanks for the suggestion but I'm not sure the idea appeals. Generally speaking I prefer to try and keep out of trouble and that seems to me to be a good way of going looking for it.

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

They should be removed from the road.

more about people who do it all the time. There must be people like this, judging by the number of daft things that happen.

1he will be embarrassed that he's screwed up and continue quietly.

Well he might, but it could also produce other results less to your liking.

I really think you'd be better advised to try and work round all these c*ck-ups, and dispense with the horn blowing.

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

I wonder if Peter aspires to being a good driver, or is he just content to be very critical of others?

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

I once camped near some German hippies. That was very odd indeed. They seemed to be into drugs, weird dancing, and had at least 10 subwoofers in their VW campervan playing old British rock.

Reply to
Peter Hucker

Do you drive a VW campervan and smoke marajuana while listening to Beatles records?

Reply to
Peter Hucker

If I was normal I'd commit suicide.

Reply to
Peter Hucker

more about people who do it all the time. There must be people like this, judging by the number of daft things that happen.

1he will be embarrassed that he's screwed up and continue quietly.

I'm looking at it from my own point of view. If I do something daft or cut something too close, then somebody telling me off will cause me to make a correction the next time. If I don't get told off, I may not even realise I've inconvenienced someone.

Reply to
Peter Hucker

Being normal means different things to different people, but if that is some kind of a joke I think it's in pretty poor taste, If, on the other hand, you're serious you ought to see about getting some help to improve your feelings about life.

I have to admit I've had some very bad thoughts at times, and occasionally still do, so I have some experience of such scenarios and feel concern for people with depression (if that's what it is) but I wouldn't claim to have any expertise in the subject beyond that.

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

He's a troll. Hopefully his bridge will collapse on him.

Reply to
Huge

talking more about people who do it all the time. There must be people like this, judging by the number of daft things that happen.

1he will be embarrassed that he's screwed up and continue quietly.

something too close, then somebody telling me off will cause me to make a correction the next time. If I don't get told off, I may not even realise I've inconvenienced someone.

Cutting something to close is the cause of the many 'pirouette' accidents on motorways. You can see the tell tale signs by the fresh tyre marks on the road from a sudden change of direction, into the either the ditch or the barrier. It always frightens me being fish-tailed by such an idiot, as no preventive driving (safe distance) will guard against it.

neighbours.

with a stick thicker than his thumb. Hence we have the "rule of thumb".

Reply to
johannes

It is a lovely sunny sunday as I type this. I popped over to PC World then drove home. My street always has a row of cars parked one side, with enough room for one car to pass.

I turn into my street with the parked cars on the offside. I notice a space on the right and a car coming towards me. I signal right to notify the other driver of my intention to park (#1). However, when I get alongside the space, I see a moped parked that I couldn't previously see - there isn't enough room to park. So, I cancel the indicator and move forward towards the oncoming car. The other driver passes a space on her left by a few feet and we meet.

I look behind me at the 100ft I would need to reverse, then back at the driver ahead. She looks at me and starts to shake her head, followed by mouthing obscenities at me. After a minute she sounds her horn. Another minute passes then she reverses into the space just a couple of feet behind. However, she straightens up too soon, so there is not enough room for me to pass (I can't even mount the pavement to the left due to a grassy bank.

She shouts some more, moves forward then back, but still doesn't leave enough room for me to pass. Again she goes forward then back, mounts the pavement and I move alongside. I wind my window down and ask what the problem is on such a lovely sunny day. She says if I had parked like I had signalled, I wouldn't have created such a problem!

Apparently, the UK as a population is getting angrier by the day, and I can see why.

(#1) I rent a garage but am on nights, so decided to leave the car on the road as I was taking the wife shopping then I would be off to work.

Reply to
MrBitsy

It sounds very much like where I live. There is a small road with car parked at the side, leaving only space for one car to pass. When I am driving out, I have in principle right of way; when coming back, I have wrong of way... But it doesn't matter as people are very good. I always give way if it is easier for me than for the car in the other direction, irrespective of who has right of way. The others do the same for me. However, one day I was confronted with a big new Jaguar with both driver and passenger in white shirts; clearly some company bosses. I had the right of way and was 100 yards up from where I could make space, the Jaguar had a space just behind him, so I thought that he should reverse into that space and let me pass. But no way! After having waited several minutes, I gave up in the end and reversed the 100 yards back. I didn't have the whole day to wait, just wondering why it was so important for the bosses in the Jaguar?

Reply to
johannes

Ray - you have my sympathy. I don't seem to encounter situations like that, which is very fortunate, as I don't think I could put up with that sort of hassle.

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

Did you have anything to eat or drink in your car? You should have just switched off the engine and started drinking coffee. This signals your intent to picnic.

Reply to
Peter Hucker

Dull run of the mill people who never think outside the box.

Er..... not sure what you mean. Is it now un-PC to call someone normal? Should we call them interstingly challenged?

Whatever do you mean?

Who mentioned depression?

Reply to
Peter Hucker