Dipped Headlights.

Our difference of opinon lies in whether or not we should try to inform and educate other users of their mistakes so that they may learn from them.

Reply to
Peter Hucker

Yes I am. It is impossible to go anywhere public and not be forced to inhale it. I choose not to smoke, yet I walk down the street and have to.

Wrong way to look at it. You should ask the people near if they mind, or go and find a place to inhale it without making others do so.

The people next door smoke drugs. It drifts out the windows and into our house. This happens often. If they smoke it and we are on our patio, we smell and inhale it.

Reply to
MrBitsy

I did that by passing two advanced tests, then spending several years passing that onto others with the IAM. Your method of angrily sounding the horn will have no effect at all.

Reply to
MrBitsy

than the pills.

Yeah, a depressant should be just the thing to counteract depression - I wonder why they haven't tried that.

You don't have the *tiniest* clue what you're talking about, do you?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

There is your biggest problem - you put 100% of the blame on the other person. It would be much better to think 'how could I have approached that situation better'.

Sounding the horn will get the other persons attention, helping to reduce the chance of NEEDING to avoid a collision.

Reply to
MrBitsy

In the open air, it's hardly concentrated.

What makes you think the non-smoker has more rights than the smoker?

Don't complain about a free lunch.

Reply to
Peter Hucker

Oh god, you're one of THOSE.....

Says who?

Reply to
Peter Hucker

than the pills.

Yes I do. You really get depressed when you drink?

Reply to
Peter Hucker

If it was them that didn't obey the rights of way at the junction, it's THEIR fault.

I find that it takes too much time to locate and press the horn. I direct all my attention to steering and braking.

Reply to
Peter Hucker

than the pills.

Let's start by you telling me what you think "depressed" means in a clinical sense, shall we?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

better than the pills.

It's an emotion, it doesn't need a clinical explanation.

Reply to
Peter Hucker

Wrong. Yet another individual who seems to think that someone suffering from depression is just a bit pissed off. They're not.

Reply to
Brimstone

Interesting - what is your description of 'one of those'?

If it worked as you hoped, why all the poor driving?

Reply to
MrBitsy

How could you have approached the situation to make it safer?

Does this not suggest anything to you?

Reply to
MrBitsy

I can almost hear the cogs turning ...

Reply to
MrBitsy

better than the pills.

And doctors treat emotions, do they?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

If I walk through "a bit of smoke" I'm in danger of needing hospital treatment soon afterwards. I'm also likely to projectile vomit over the smoker which is probably a plus. Even the reek of the smoker when they walk in from outside having topped off their nicotine levels is sufficient.

And I've put up woth smokers forcing their views, standards and stink on me for almost fifty years. I think it's well past time we had at least an equal period of smokers being forced to conform to what the majority want.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yes, it's proven to be dangerous to some (but by no means all) of its users. As far as I'm aware there is no proper, scientific, reviewed research that shows it's a danger to anyone else.

Reply to
Jeff York

No, I'm quite reasonable on the subject. Since putting a cancer stick in one's mouth indicates a death wish, I'd grant them early release by putting a bullet in their heads. Merciful, swift and just.

It would help with global warming and traffic congestion as well, so it's a win all round.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I think you'll find that it's what a minority of whingers want.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH