Dipped Headlights.

directly in front of you because they are too stupid to understand a roundabout or they forget to look or misjudge the distance or whatever reason they have, you cannot have anticipated his mistake.

Well I'm sorry, Peter, but I don't understand your problem here. For some odd reason I don't seem to need to be taking urgent action to avoid the mistakes of other roads users.

Are you by any chance diving in a bit too readily and not leaving yourself enough time and space to deal comfortably with what the others are doing?

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

I'll make a bet with you that it isn't.

Reply to
Peter Hucker

That's the problem, we don't have freedom. For example smoking marajuana. It's only damaging our own bodies, yet we are not supposed to do it.

Reply to
Peter Hucker

In those circumstances it means "you silly bafoon, you didn't see me, look properly before pulling out next time!", which is warning him that I am present somewhere he didn't realise I was.

Reply to
Peter Hucker

Ah well, there you go then. It's usually later than we think. :-(

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

No, we don't, well not as much as I would like.

not supposed to do it.

I can't help you with that one, as I've never had any interest in drugs, and I don't profess to understand the subject.

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

Do you not enjoy an occasional libation nor partake of tabacco?

Reply to
Brimstone

OK, there is a small alcohol consumption, but I've never been a smoker.

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

not supposed to do it.

Even so, there is no reason to stop anyone else doing them if they wish to.

Reply to
Peter Hucker

are not supposed to do it.

There might be compelling reasons, but I would need a better understanding of the subject before feeling able to agree with you. It isn't only a matter of what the drugs do to those who take them. You can argue that it is purely their own affair, but if it leads to forms of behaviour that have a bad effect on those around them, that might be something we should not accept.

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

Thus you have an interest (albeit small) in drugs.

Reply to
Brimstone

In a broad sense that may be correct, but I tend to regard a modest consumption of alcohol as being separate from the rest of the drugs scene, if you know what I mean.

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

are not supposed to do it.

Then punish them for what they do, whether under the influence of drugs or not. People should be punished for a crime, not something which might possibly cause a crime.

Reply to
Peter Hucker

for example buildinga bridge, 2 miles of motorway, and a flyover. They first put cones over the whole area. Then they proceed to work on all three things simultaneously with a small amount of workers. Why not get more workers and work on one bit at a time?

motorway and pulling out of sideroads.

didn't close the gap like a lot of dangerous drivers do) someone to pull in front of me after undertaking several cars on the motorway.

I usually am the impatient idiot. If people are going to overtake a 56mph lorry at 58mph, then I'm not sitting around waiting.

Getting annoyed is not something you do on purpose, that's like saying you only feel hungry when you want to.

goes through the door first, causing you to have to slow down to avoid bumping into him. Would you not be annoyed?

And you don't feel the need to tell him he's ignorant?

Reply to
Peter Hucker

Indeed I do Dave, but as you've probably guessed I was making the point that both alcohol and tobacco are drugs. The only difference being is that they're taxed and therefore legal whilst others are not.

Reply to
Brimstone

Yes there is. If the drug can't be limited to the person using it, it should be illegal - like smoking tobacco.

Reply to
MrBitsy

I drink something that does my body no good - this damages me and nobody else. Smoking does not only enter your lungs, it enters others too.

Reply to
MrBitsy

What page number is that on?

With the big difference in skill levels, types of vehicles, speed differences and multitude of roads, junctions and hazzards, it is an absolute certainty driving a vehicle will lead to conflicts.

When you get your head around this, you will have a happier time on the road.

Reply to
MrBitsy

Doctors should prescribe alcohol to depressed people. It works a lot better than the pills.

Reply to
Peter Hucker

If I smoke tobacco, you are not forced to inhale it. You can ask me to put it out, or sit somewhere else.

Anyway, what are your reasons for smoking marajuana in my own home being illegal?

Reply to
Peter Hucker