Door Denters!!!!!!!!!

Buttfuck.

Ooh, this name calling's tremdous fun, isn't it?

Really..? Had personal experience have you? And I see you ignore the fact I also included socialphobia and anxiety in my post. Many ignorant people see them all as the same thing. A socialphobic can act perfectly normally so long as they are in an environment they feel comfortable in, without too many people around, or people they don't know. So it is feasible they may go to a supermarket, but still need to be as close to the entrance as possible in case they have an anxiety attack on the way in, whilst they're there, or on the way out.

But I guess even though I have had experience of people with difficulties, I am wrong and must bow down to your wisdom then.

Reply to
Stuffed

Good question, and one that's hard to answer. Someone I know is sensible enough to not try, others do. But it's not always a matter of the driver being ill, it can be the passenger.

Disability and illness in all forms are damned complicated, and can't be summed up in one generalisation. But I'd say there's a great many people who are perfectly safe to drive, although less able than others to function properly in a shop. Your opinion may differ though :)

Reply to
Stuffed

I thank you.. I have my moments... :)

lol

Reply to
Stuffed

Bugger it, the keyboard shorcut for send is the same as for drop a line in msn messenger. And I wasn't thinking straight. Bloody non standard MS standards :(

Never watched it that much, or at least, don't remember that much of it..

Puts you in the minority, from what I can tell when I go shopping...

Take a trip round the Lake District or something then! ;)

Reply to
Stuffed

[...]

It certainly does. I don't think you can have it both ways. Obviously driving requires calm and rational responses to traffic situations.

Psychological problems may be the hardest to diagnose as there are usually no physical signs. There may also be a degree of manipulation; how often do we hear that the fact that "this person" was behaving completely normally, was a symptom of the severity of the case :)

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Although there's case history to show that even though they might be trained they've failed to notice the baby

Reply to
Duncan Wood

From a humour group:

This is supposedly a true story:

An older woman was cruising a busy parking lot just before Christmas in her new Mercedes-Benz looking in vain for a parking space. She finally saw someone loaded with packages heading for a car, so she followed him, put on her blinker and waited patiently until he pulled out. Just as he pulled out a young man in a sleek black Porsche zipped in to the space ahead of her.

She was dumbfounded and outraged, and jumped out of her car, shouting, "How could you do that? Didn't you see me waiting there with my signal on?", to which he replied, "That's what happens when you're young and fast."

As the young man was about to enter the store he heard the hideous crunch of metal striking metal. He ran back, horrified, to see that the woman had gunned her Mercedes and smashed it into his beautiful black Porsche.

He ran back and cried, "How could you do that?" to which she replied,

"That's what happens when you're old and rich!"

Reply to
Allan Bennett

I recently replaced an Astra estate with four passenger doors for a two-door version, I just didn't realise how much hassle the extra door width would create when parking in confined spaces.

Perhaps 90 per cent of the problem could be solved if the people who layout parking bays didn't assume that every car was a DeLorian with gull-wing doors.

However things could be worse, listening to a radio phone-in programme (offering legal advice) the other day, someone was complaining that they'd just purchased a new house and found that after driving their medium-sized family saloon into the garage there wasn't enough room to open any of the doors!, apparently neither the builder or the local council planning department had been very sympathetic to their plight and were just giving them the run around.

Reply to
ivan

[...]

Reminds me of the golden age of bubble cars. They mostly lacked reverse gear. A story goes around than someone build a smug garage that just fitted his new bubble car. He has never been seen since...

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

medium-sized

LOL!, many years ago I once saw a BMW Isetta loose control on the top of a deep snow covered hill, by that time it had reached the bottom and demolished a shop window, a curious crowd which had quickly gathered, thought that it had been hit by a giant snowball!

Reply to
ivan

where he trashes a car when the guy who parks it there runs off to the shops only to return with someone who is barely capable of walking unaided :) I'm fit and healthy etc, but because I've broke so my bones in an accident (40) they gave me the option of writing me off as permanently disabled because it would be a problem to me for the rest of my life (broken backs and misshapen collar bones as well as fractured skulls tend to be classified as one of the more serious ailments you can be prescribed paracetamals for ;) ) but to look at me I'm perfectly normal being disabled may give you a motability car and a badge to park where the f*ck I'd like to, but it would have also stopped me doing lots of stuff as well I got fired for not being able to drive a bus due to it hurting my back, because I didn't disclose it on my medical form when they asked me, sitting for long periods gives me pain, lifting slightly heavy stuff also gives me 2 weeks worth of hassle as well so it's not as if I don't have a reason to get it

Reply to
nooneyouveeverheardof

Remind you of your own infertility/lack of appeal to the opposite sex, and rub it in that theirs may be small, but it's small enough to fill an SUV.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

One of mine sort of is. However, the doors cost a fortune, and I'd be pissed off if anyone dented them, so I don't go shopping in it.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

As the image that was do "Lidl - For when you're too pikey even for Iceland"

or

"Are you a bit of a pikey? Come and give us a visit. =A3Stretcher"

Pete.

--=20 NOTE! Email address is spamtrapped. Any email will be bounced to you Remove the news and underscore from my address to reply by mail

Reply to
Pete Smith

I do: it's called recreational sex. You might have heard of it.

Reply to
Dan Buchan

Pikeys have no shame or sense of their place, though. You even get them in Sainsbury's. Fortunately the aisles in Sainsbury's are so high they can't scream at each other from different ends of the shop.

By the way, what is the difference between a Pikey and a Chav? I thought they were names for the same thing. Here we call them charvas and I hate them more than anything I can think of.

Reply to
Dan Buchan

I'd rather not.

She throws up at the drop of a hat, and even _I_ feel queasy doing the lake district.

Still, we're off there on holiday with 4 other couples, 3 of which have children over the summer. Should be fun.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

Oi! I'm watching you ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

"Lidl - For when you're too pikey even for Iceland"

I think I posted a link to that at some point :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Same thing.

AKA Chavs, Neds, Townies, Kevs, Charvers, Steeks, Spides, Bazzas, Yarcos,= =20 Ratboys, Kappa Slappers, Skangers, Janners, Stigs, Scallies.