Failed MOT

Blimey, he must have been unbeleviably irritating.

Reply to
Duncanwood

Actually, no - he's just unlucky like that. He was the victim of an accident where tit who tried to jump a queue at a roundabout hit him head on and it was the TrafPol who came to the scene who did him.

Reply to
Conor

Bollocks, it's on the bulkhead. It isn't even welded onto the inner wing panel at all.

Actually you can't. The battery tray was located in a prime rot spot where water running down the windscreen would run into the gap between the channel where the rubber sat along the bulkhead and the driprail on the wing.

Reply to
Conor

The message from Conor contains these words:

Come on, Conor, we've been through this before. MOT check points are not an exact match for legal neccessities.

Reply to
Guy King

he was possibly done under construction & use regs which is very different from MOT regs.

Reply to
reg

Conor ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Neither of which I watch.

Reply to
Adrian

Reply to
Paul Cummins

Well, I have had a failure for it, mind you it was 20 plus years ago, and it could have been invented, like the failure I had for 'horn not loud enough'

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Heh, I've had one of those, too.

I've also had 'condensation on headlamp lens' and someone who tried to rip off the missus with a fail for a broken boot lock.....

Reply to
SteveH

Main problem was that the drips of rain kept topping up some designs of battery so that acid overflows and then the rot gallops through the area, the worst insecurity it causes is usually the servo mounts, a real bad one gives a spongy pedal as the whole area flexes and the servo goes up and down!

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

condensation that affects beam pattern would be ok. !!

Reply to
mrcheerful

'horn not loud enough' is a fail item.

Reply to
Jimmy

The message from "mrcheerful ." contains these words:

That's legit...

"c. the sound emitted by the horn is not loud enough to be heard by another road user"

Reply to
Guy King

another tester said that as long as it operated it was ok!!! I changed it anyway, but it seemed like a silly fail, along with 'washer jets not at correct pattern' as long as water goes on the screen it is fine according to my present testers, oooh and of course 'wiper arm joints seriously corroded' A condensate breather hole in a new exhaust pipe was failed at one pace, you could see it was a deliberate, perfectly round hole of about

2.5 mm, I thought it was a good idea, but I have not seen it on car exhausts since although bikes used to have them.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Best one I had was on an HA Bedford van. Taillights not red. True they had faded a bit but still didn't look like indicators.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And it is also on the trailer for Vroom Vroom which is shown alot on Sky 1.

Reply to
Conor

Conor ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Which I wouldn't watch even if I could.

Reply to
Adrian

Primary cause of that was people discarding the plastic battery cover which was there for exactly this reason.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Had something like "windscreen washers not powerful enough" on the

2CV. Erm... Push harder?
Reply to
Ian Dalziel

ISTR CCC Magazine doiung up a Skoda as a Group N rally car. When they got it MOT'ed it failed on 'lights not red enough' so they bought new lenses from a main dealer. Still failed.

Turned out all the spare lenses were also 'not red enough' and the whole stock had to be replaced.

A mate of mine went to a garage owned by a relative and got a fail certificate for 'radio off tune' and 'footprints on the headlining'.

Reply to
PC Paul