FIAT Sticky Valves

Hi I need some advice fast , My cousin took her 2001 model Brava sx into A fiat dealership due to the engine management light staying on and has been told that the car has sticky valves and needs £800s worth of repair, now the reason she went to the dealership is because she purchased a warranty from them when she bought the car, the car has only done 23000 miles and the warranty people are saying she is not covered, any ideas guys??

Reply to
Demon

Get a 2nd opinion - Especially if it is a FIAT approved garage !

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Problem is that they have ripped the head off so car is in bits.

(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º) «.·°·. DEMON .·°·.» (¸.·º(¸.·¨* *¨·.¸)º·.¸)

Reply to
Demon

Tell them to put it back together again then! I believe thay are obliged to do this if you decide to take the job elsewhere.

Robert

Reply to
Robert R News

& find a copy of the warranty & read it. I don't think I've seen a warranty that excludes that.
Reply to
Duncan Wood

These warranties are often a waste of money - they will only cover

*breakdowns*, i.e. the car has to physically not work and not be able to move itself. Then they will replace the part that has snapped/cracked/broken. In your case they will say wear and tear, I'm afraid.
Reply to
Microstar

Or fundamental design flaw (if it's common), or one-off manufacturing flaw= =20 (if it isn't). Or Act of God.

They've got you pretty much stitched up.

Pete.

--=20 NOTE! Email address is spamtrapped. Any email will be bounced to you Remove the news and underscore from my address to reply by mail

Reply to
Pete Smith

warranty from

All it probably needed was a bit of sustained welly.

Huw

Reply to
Huw