Fiesta 1.8D - clutch cable?

I have a 1995 N reg (older style) Fiesta 1.8 D. Was driving home last night and pushed my fut on the clutch and the pedal stayed stuck to the floor.

Is this a broken clutch, or clutch cable?

What sort of price should I expect my local independent garage to charge for fitting a replacement cable (if it is the cable)?

Could it be the clutch - or would I have noticed something before the clutch gave?

Many thanks

Noz

Reply to
Nozza

Have a look under the bonnet. Is the cable still attached to the clutch lever on the gearbox? Is it still attached to the pedal? Is the cable loose and flapping around? Try a bit of investigation - it's not *that* scary under the bonnet you know.

Price of cable plus around £15 I'd have though.

Unlikely but possible.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Most likely is that the self adjuster mechanism has broken (top of the pedal)

Reply to
mrcheerful

Local indie garage put a new cable in. £33 all in

Thanks for the advice.

Noz

Reply to
Nozza