Ford Mondeo 2000

Hi, I'm new to this group, and have recently bought a W Reg 2000 Ford Mondeo GLX. Could someone please tell me if this is meant to come with air conditioning, as all we seem to be getting is hot air blown out at us. The 'AC button' when depressed does show a green light, however the temp appears not to change at all. Any help is very welcome. Many thanks, Nathan.

Reply to
nathnz

Possibly requires a re-gas as you'll find all the gas has escaped. Aircon systems will not engage the clutch if they don't have enough pressure in the system

Reply to
ABC

In message , nathnz writes

The refrigerant leaks out with time. Also the condenser (aircon radiator) corrodes on these cars resulting in the refrigerant gas leaking. I've just replaced the condenser on mine.

The thing you need to watch is that you could spend £75 on having the system re-gassed, only to find that the condenser is knackered. The £75 is wasted and you have to fix the leak (new condenser) and have it gassed again. You won't be able to test the system for leaks until you put some refrigerant in, which contains a dye so you can see the leaks.

It can be an expensive business. I paid £75 for a re-gas at the end of last year. I soon found that the gas had leaked out because of the corroded condenser. The garage quoted £480 for new condenser, drier/reservoir and re-gas. I bought the bits and did the work myself and took it in for a re-gas and it cost me £230, which included some aircon coupling tools, refrigerant oil and the re-gas. Its only been a few days but its still fine.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Reply to
elaine