going to see 306 1.9D ..

I'm going to have a look at a 306 1.9D with 122k miles on it. Its a '96 one. what are the best ways to check if the engine is ok ? I know how to check the other things out, but I've never had a diesel before. Are there any other important things to check on a 306 ?

ps. Do these use the same engines as citroen visas ?

Simon

Reply to
SimonP

How it starts from cold. Check it is stone cold before starting, poor compression will result in a difficult starter from cold, can be a bummer in winter. Know a couple of people with French 1.9Ds well past the 200K mark with no major problems.

Adam

.> I know

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

thanks, thats what my dad tells me as well, I will open the bonnet 1st and check its cold.

Simon

Reply to
SimonP

engine mounts timing belt main crank pulley seats (make sure they ain't broken especially on the drivers side and they move about and stuff)

Reply to
dojj