hole in the road

Yes, precisely.

But the ones with yellow paint round they would have a very hard time claiming they didn't know about...

So it would be much better if it was one of those that had damaged your wheel. I suspect it was.

Reply to
PC Paul

Its cracked, guy heated it and straightened it, but with a tyre on to test you could feel air coming out from a crak.

Reply to
Jules

with such a small aspect ratio there is next to no wall flexing or room for absorbtion.

Reply to
Jules

Also be wary, if it was one with a utility (gas,elec etc) grid they will pass the claim onto them.

Coyoteboy

Geez I thought the holes are bad where we are after the brilliant resurfacing job done last year just all crumbled when water got in and turned to ice over the winter...

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

having looked at some of the other fotos i took (i took twice as many but only posted half) alas it seems the ones that were marked yellow (very faded) where the ones i noticed which put me dead inline with the one i hit.....the ones which were marked were smaller and not as deep.

Reply to
Jules

they were not around grates or covers, just normal tarmac no where near.

Reply to
Jules

Assuming your wheel *was* damaged by the bigger hole, then the presence of those yellow marked holes clearly caused you to have to take avoiding action and hence damage your wheel. Properly assessing and repairing the whole area (which was clearly known to be faulty) would have prevented the damage to your wheel. You'll probably have to keep on at them until they give in, but if I had the photographic evidence you've got I'd give it a go, and another go, and another go.....

Biggles

Reply to
Biggles

Well there's still tarmac at the bottom of it! 2 Inches is a small part of a car's suspension travel and on most cars is only part of the tyre's sidewall height. There are much, much nastier potholes around. Guess you were just unlucky.

If a cyclist failed to see that hole then they probably deserve to be thrown off their bike. (c:

Could you possibly start using at least some grammar, capitalisation and punctuation? It would make your posts so much easier to read.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

The message from "AstraVanMan" contains these words:

The advantage of IrfanView is that you can email the bloke who wrote it and ask him to add something. I did, a few years ago, and a week later there was a new version with what I wanted on it. Can't remember what it was - something to do with EXIF stuff, IIRC.

Reply to
Guy King

I have many more pics, the road is a dip so you can see the first load of holes, but then your lined up further into the middle of the road, so you miss the ones on the left and hit the ones on the right, unless its a slim car, mine is a biggish BMW. I dont have much choice to keep going at them to paying out, im having to sell a few things to buy a new tyre as it is.

Reply to
Jules

you not bothered reading below?

lots of holes in a short section, in a dip, imgine if filled with water

ok, i only heard one bang but i wasnt going dead ahead but the back wheel fitted straight in.

i have dyslexia and bad grammer etc, it isnt dont on purpose.

Reply to
Jules

So do I, but it doesn't stop me pausing for a second and reviewing what I have just written.

That's called being lazy..

Get yourself a copy of Lynn Truss' Eats, Shoots and Leaves.

It's great fun if nothing else.

Tom Burton.

Reply to
Tom Burton

Julian, would it not be more cost effective to try and locate a set of smaller alloys with part worn tyres on from a local scrap yard? I can ring around a few near me if you like, I know your limited budget and your imminent trip to Germany mean time is of the essence. There's a good place round here we call the swamp which is always very cheap due to the fact you're often lucky to escape, pools of oil ankle deep etc.

You could perhaps find a replacement 18" alloy when you're over in Germany (I imagine it would be easier to find BMW bits there?) and swap em back when you come home.

I'm the bloke who turned up with a mate a couple of years ago for about three old 486's and a P120 for a tenner in the big red Rover Vitesse, if you remember me.

Hope to help,

Paul

Reply to
P A Latham

Yeah i remember you, how time flies

I know nothing about BMW's as its my first but thats not a bad idea, will look into it!

Reply to
Jules