Honda jazz AirCon

Hi There, Can anybody offer advice? I bought a 2003 Honda Jazz SE with the air con not working. I have replaced the air con radiator and fan,and a couple of pipes that were damaged. The hardware seems all there and intact,although ,as yet there is no gas. My understanding is - when I hit the air con switch, (with the interior fan selected ON) both rad. fans should start,as should the clutch on the front of the compressor. None of this happens!! Do I need gas in the system for the fans to run? As there is no Haynes manual available for this car,I am a bit stuck. Any Ideas?? Thanks Colin

Reply to
Colin Spooner

In news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, Colin Spooner wittered on forthwith;

Needs gas, if you join the two terminals on the low pressure switch the system will kick in, but *DO NOT* run it for more than about 20 seconds in this state - the gas also lubricates the AC compressor and you really don't want to buy a new one.

Reply to
Pete M

Yep you need gas. The obvious answer istake it down your local aircon boys & get them to fill it, they;re not normally desperately busy in November.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Well its not likely to work unless its properly gassed up!!!!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

Reply to