How Do I Clamp A Clamp?

A vile clamping conman called Ted Evans clamps cars on fake excuses in the village of Haworth , West Yorkshire. He is reportedly making hundreds of thousands of pounds from his crimes, though he claims he does not get penny of the proceeeds - and the police WON'T get involved.

I would like to clamp over his clamp, and then conect a stream of friends cars together with chains, which if he damages in any way, he will be breaking the law I presume!

If anyone has any other creative mechanical ideas for dealing with this rogue, please let me know!

Turk182

Reply to
Turk182

Just don't park where he is allowed to clamp. Simple.

Reply to
Blitzen

discharge a can of expanding foam up his vans exhaust pipe, if he dosent get the message, discharge one up his arse.

Reply to
Gazz

Preventing him recovering his clamp could be theft.

Buy a car that can't be clamped. Or make it so yours can't be clamped. If he can't get the top arm of the clamp in over the tyre without damaging the body he can't clamp. If he tries to fit the clamp and damages the body he is liable as it's classed as criminal damage. You will need video evidence for this.

That requires Can't clamp what isn't there. Jack and 4 axle stands, take all 4 wheels off every time you park.

7 or the like with close fitting cycle type mudguards all round. Boy racer suspension lowered so low the tyres nearly rub - rolled arches and arch extensions. If you have SUV/4x4 then this is never going to work. Something with tyres too big for his clamp. Supercar like Lambo Countach. Citroen BX that you can sit down on the bump stops when parking so wheels are retracted into arches are supposed to be un-clampable. But I'm not so convinced about the front wheels. 4 clamps of your own with welded on projections that prevents him fitting another one over the top.

Or you have to ecomod it, well you don't need the tail but do need the spats.

Peter Hill

If his clamps are illegal then just remove them.

if they are legal, don't park where he can use them.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Superglue into the clamp lock, every time you see one?

More seriously, uk.legal or uk.legal.moderated. With so much cheap covert video surveillance stuff around these days, direct action is getting risky.

Reply to
Newshound

In what way is he cheating exactly? From the youtube video link the car park looks official with clearly laid out parking charges.

Reply to
john east

Dunno, I'm not the OP, notice the "if's" at the start of my sentences ..

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Possession is nine tenths of the law. Finders keepers I say! ;)

If he legally abaondoned his clamp you can take it. If he attached it to your car it must mean he is giving it you as a gift ;)

Great advice. Another way to prevent it would be to have four of your own clamps and clamp every wheel on your own car when you park! If you clamped yourself how can anyone else then clamp you?

Reply to
John