Inside edge of tyre shredded !!!!

Strange, if I read you right.

You are saying (for example) the NSF tyre is worn on the inside edge and the OSR is worn on the outside edge. The car runs straight.

In my experience, if only one front tyre is wearing on the inside edge it is caused by too much neg camber. More neg camber on the N/S/F than the O/S/F will cause the car to drift to the right.

If (as in this example) the O/S/R tyre is worn on the outside then its caused by either pos camber or toe in. If caused by pos camber it would have negligible effect on direction stability in a straight line. If it was too much toe in then the thrust line would cause a rear wheel steer that made the car want to veer right as well, compounding the front's drift to the right.

If that makes sense....

Graham

No. Inside edge on the OSF and inside edge on the NSR. Both were set to some number of *degrees* of toe out - when I stopped and actually looked at it it was blatantly obvious what the problem was. I went back and bitched and got new tyres FOC (and also supervised the monkey setting the tracking)

Reply to
Chris Street