Insurance

I must be missing something:

Renewal quote from Zurich: 293.82 Cheapest at Moneysupermarket was: Sainbury's @169.29 Zurich came up: 256.06

Andrew j

Reply to
Hankjam

Possibly !

I saved nearly £100 this year moving from Tesco ( and I thought I had a decent deal ) to M & S but you must be careful to check the small print. I'm not sure of the reason as I'd seen several reports that car insurance was going to increase this year. I guess it's just a very competitive market.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Renewals are normally more expensive than getting a new quote. It's the price some people are prepared to pay for being lazy.

Reply to
Depresion

Check the small print.

Some cheaper premiums dont provide a free courtesy car should your car be off the road being repaired after an accident.

Reply to
Ian R

I had a similar situation with Zurich at my last renewal. The renewal premium quoted was approaching £800. When I went to confused.com Zurich came up as one of the better quotes, but for around £400. This was for the exactly the same product (which *does* include the courtesy car) minus a few frills (e.g. European Recovery). Even adding the frills back in only pushed the premium up to around £450. I just took out a new policy (they handled a claim a few years ago very well) and let the existing one expire.

D A Stocks

Reply to
David A Stocks

So just before I was lazy and renewed I ran a TSB check and they were no different!

and then I did a Zurich quote and got £189.02...

bugger that I thought and phoned... their 0800 number (!)...

woman was very good, could not understand difference, offered to check it out and phone back.

She did and we settled on 212 with some extras, which were standard on my renewal...

They really need checking.

Aj

Reply to
Hankjam