L reg Mondeo Disable Immobiliser

Hello all. Have tried various things to get my immobiliser to work without success. To summarise the problem, when I replace the relevant fuse I have perfect central locking but am unable to start the car" removing the fuse allows me to start the car but disables the central locking. Is there any way to remove the immobiliser circuit but keep the central locking?

Reply to
David Mitchell

Fuck sake...it's a bit of a no brainer isn't it? Just remove the fuse and stop being so sodding lazy.

Reply to
Conor

It's an L reg Mondeo. It'll be cheaper to replace the car than to pay the labour bill to find the fault.

Reply to
Conor

Think he was after some more constructive advice; ie: possible root of the problem.

Reply to
David R

That's possibly why he's posting on Usenet instead of standing in a Ford dealer.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

On this age of mondy, the immobilizer is passive and merely works via micro switches on the front two doors. The switches indicate to the ECU that both locking motors are in the un-locked position.

replace the relevant microswitch - probably the passenger side.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)