Lack of problem - for once.

Keep hearing horror stories about changing headlight lamps on newish cars. So here's a good news story.

The dips on the new to me Boxster were a bit dim, so very likely original.

To get at them, you merely peel back the boot liner, and insert the special tool provided in the tool kit (just a long box spanner) and do a half turn. The entire headlight is pushed out of its mounting.

Take it indoors, remove the four screws from the cover on the back, unclip that, and you've got access to all the lamps.

So much easier than trying to change them with the light unit on the car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

newer focus is very easy, just for a change, one torx screw and the lamp unit comes out, one unclippable wiring connector, no more tools needed to access the bulbs.

While changing the dip beam fuse on a Renault Grand Scenic is a dealer job.

Reply to
MrCheerful

Right. Good to hear some are making it easier. I'd never seen the removable headlight idea before - hence mentioning it. I did quite like the rigid cover to the unit even if it did involve a screwdriver - rather than the more common rubber covers which can be a fiddle to fit and can come off too easily.

French, innit. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Anyone else pause, blink and go "oh but of course" at this point?!

Reply to
Scott M

True. But I should have said which boot. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If you can't get a body in it, it's not a boot.

It's just overflow from the glove box.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Pleasantly surprised by the relative ease of changing the tungsten bulb on my XF. I *did* have to remove three bolts (one in the wheel arch) so not a "no tools" job but still way better than having to take it to a dealer. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+