Laguna bonnet stuck

Hi, I have a problem where my cable seems to have stretched and I cannot open my bonnet. Anyone have any idea how to open it? TIA

Reply to
Merlin

the bonnet has two catches at either corner, using a long screwdriver or similar and a torch lie under the front, and looking up you can push both to release.

Reply to
dscharl

Thanks, I will try it tomorrow.

Reply to
Merlin

If its just a bit stiff, get someone else to hold the bonnet down while you operate the release.

JB.

Reply to
jmbainbridge

Open as described by others

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Ok, I spent 90 minutes under the car today, pushing,pulling and cursing, as I am not sure which bit will release the bonnet. I can just about see the two catches as I lay on my back but I am not sure which bit I should be pushing up, sideways or pulling down.

Any guidance as I am going out again tomorrow.

TIA

Reply to
Merlin

push the catch up anywhere till it pops open

Reply to
dscharl

In the Haynes tradition, have an assistant thump down both sides of the bonnet while the release lever is worked from the inside. The catches are roughly at the inner line of the headlights. When bonnet finally gives in douse the feckers in WD40 and do this every other month. Laguna's are notorious for it.

Reply to
gazzafield