Lidl Battery Jump Starter From Monday

Do you wanna borrow a tent and sleeping bag, Jim?

Cheers tox

Reply to
Zak Dingle

I'd expect a portable device to use a gel battery. It is, after all, likely to get knocked over.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Not if you have used it first!!.....on second thoughts I value my fillings so I won't bother......there is also a big wild cat loose in this area........I like pussy but not big and black...........

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Spose I should get one really. My car has been sitting in a car park for 2 weeks, which didn't do the battery any good. I'll give it a week, if it doesn't get better it gets binned.

--Nick.

Reply to
Nick

The original battery in my car lasted over 8 years before it died...the car was a Volvo 440.

Reply to
Adrian

I had a 440 and would say the battery was the least of my problems........

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

God it's freezing out here with only my lap top to keep me warm!!

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

In article , snipped-for-privacy@dontuse.com.uk says... | | From what I can remember, it said electronic ignition, but could not | be 100% sure on this. | |

Electronic ignitions are pretty basic and should not be upset no matter what you use to try to start them.

ECU's are supposed not to be quite so robust, but I can't say I've ever had one fail irrespective of how I try to charge the battery or what method I've used to crank the engine over.

I fancy it is really just a get out clause, avoiding claims for any possible damage which might occur.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In article , snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net says... | Can I just buy it, sit it in a cupboard until I need it? When I need | it, I just yank the old one out and plonk the new on in and reconnect | it, and it should work? | | Will leaving the new battery in the cold (ie. in the boot?) be a bad | thing? | Not a good way to treat any battery. It needs a regular monthly maintenance charge, at the very least.

If anyone wants to keep a spare battery, or have a separate battery for transceiver use, then a good way to do this is by the use of a caravan relay.... Either voltage switching or ignition light switching type, the relay only connects the two batteries together when the engine is running and the system is being charged. When parked if you connect your transceiver to the second battery only that one can become flat.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

& if you can't push start it & you can't jump start it I'm slightly baffled as to how you do start it.
Reply to
Duncan Wood

manual or auto?

Reply to
GB

From Barcelona?

Reply to
Me

I thought it was the autos that were the real buggers, with the old Daf transmission married to a body far too heavy for it.

Reply to
GB

no they are all crap.....

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

That would be the old 343/340. 440s are utterly conventional. Think squared off Renault 19.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Just been into Glasgow to start a stone dead VW Sharan Diesel.....no problem for the wee unit...and that people carrier thing has a huge battery!!!..good old Tox!!!!

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

how long does it take fer the light to go out ?

Reply to
class_a_zpk_12wpm_unlike_2800

Well one goes out in a reasonable length of time but the other unit takes WEEKS to go out.......but I don't care..good old Tox....

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj