Long shot...

On or around Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:28:31 -0000, "Duncan Wood" enlightened us thusly:

well, not on the face of it. However, they're both bosch pumps, the flange/pulley fitting look the same; the engine is a 4-cylinder of the same capacity so the fuelling can't be that far off. I've no idea whether it'd work without trying it.

However, the N/A bosch pump will, I've been informed, work quite well on an

85 PS turbo engine. Failing that, the complete N/A engine should be a drop-in replacement, more or less, and loses you about 10 BHP.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

Which is what I said..

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

On or around Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:48:18 -0000, "Tim.." enlightened us thusly:

it is indeed what you said but it's not what's fitted to the vehicle, which is EPIC. To be perfectly honest I can't recall what it says on the engine, if it's still legible, but the engine code on the vehicle plate is for an 85 PS one.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Er...I should maybe of read all the bits of the post before I replied!

I checked last night, and according to autodata, there were three different power outputs from the turbo'd engines.

75PS (mechanical pump), 85PS and 100PS (Both EPIC), so that explains that mystery.

There was also a Turbo Intercooled version, putting out 115PS.

Reply to
moray

Only generally found in Ambulance spec Trannies I think..

Tim. .

Reply to
Tim..

While you're here...

This, from the workshop where the bus has now been for THREE (count 'em!) weeks:

We needed to programme three keys including a new master key as no original key was present. We fitted the new ignition barrel and started to programme the keys. In the process of programming the FDS said it was unable to continue with programming. The original master key could not be cleared. If symptoms persist it will be necessary to renew the PCM. We carried out the procedure several times in case it was a computer problem (software glitch). No luck. Renewed transponder transmitter (cheapest option) before changing PCM in case it was caused by communication problems. No luck. Spoke to Ford Technical in case there was a known problem. No known faults. They advised us to change the PCM, which is no longer available from Ford. Finally found one... Fitted the new PCM and carried out the programming. FDS said the PCM was not compatible with vehicle. Contacted provider of PCM; they said there is no problem with PCM. Currently we're speaking to Ford Technical to resolve problem, after several more attempts to programme PCM and keys. Spoke to provider of PCM again - they are now sending a replacement in case the first one is faulty.

They're going to try again tomorrow...

I admit now that I've had more than enough.

Reply to
Coombs

WDS that replaced FDS around 2000, got replaced by IDS last year, but that's probably just the dealer simplifying things. The fact that two PCMs are faulty, is highly unlikely.

Another option you may want to consider, is there are companies out there that will remove the immobilizer system from the PCM.

Reply to
moray

Well, all is resolved. The replacement of the replacement PCM worked. Apparently the problem arose because I didn't have the master key, and as such it could not be deprogrammed. Since neither of the two previous owners had had the master key this was not entirely my fault. I am reasonably happy with the bill, as well. The dealer /could/ have tried to rook me for three weeks' bed and board in intensive care; as it was they only charged around £90 in labour charges. The replacement PCM was £220, and there was then the replacement lock and keys to be paid for. Add the VAT, and a bill of around £550 doesn't seem too bad. It could have been a heck of a lot worse.

Thank you to all of you who have helped, especially Moray for his (?) expertise. I was feeling extremely out of my depth with this and very near to despair. Thank you, one and all.

Reply to
Coombs