Maserati 4200- reliable enough for daily use?

Hello all. Question as per subject line: are these cars reliable enough to use as a daily driver? Any experience (good or bad) with the Mas 4200 and any pointers on what to look for when buying would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
J Walsh

Nope, but I wouldn't bother with one because people will think you're driving a slightly mishapen XK8. Admittedly they're pretty cheap.

Reply to
Doki

Sorry, that should have read as "No, I've no idea if the Maserati is reliable or not".

Reply to
Doki

The only person I know who has one is currently losing the competition with the DB8 owner over whose car can spend more time in the garage. Given they've both had them just over a year & they're over 3 months each then I'd suggest that it's not very reliable.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Hi Jim

A friend of mine has one (very nice!) and yes he does use it every day. And it runs just fine. He used to run two cars using the other for daily use but enjoyed the Maser so much he got rid of the other.

Prior to the 4200 he did have a 3200 which was a lot of trouble. He wasnt at all happy and got his lawyer friend to send a few letters. Eventually they took it back giving him a generous part ex on the 4200. So thats a win/win.

Go for it and enjoy!

Ian I^)

Reply to
Ian R