Micra Gear Change

I have just bought my daughter an "S" plate 1.0 16v micra and I find that the change into 4th gear can sometimes be quite stiff.- there is no grating etc - it feels like a linkage issue. Is there any adjustment or maintenance I can do to cure this. Steve

Reply to
Steve Hatfield

Adjust the clutch - works wonders if it's right!

Reply to
Richard Murphy

If it's the same as my daughters "L" plate there is a joint where the rod enters the rear of the 'box. This siezes up. Drive out the split pin and you can dismantle, clean and grease.

While you are there check the spring at the base of the gearstick - it breaks often.

Dave

Reply to
David Lawson