Mk1 ford focus 1.6 clutch pedal sinking

Not long had a clutch and concentric slave cylinder fitted...all was good u ntil a week later when the pedal started to sink causing the bite to be rig ht at the bottom on the pedal and causing difficulty selecting gears. We bl ed the clutch again and all was good for another week and same thing happen ed again, So we decided to replace the clutch master cylinder but that didn 't cure the problem, so whenever the clutch pedal sinks down I bleed it (us ing a pressure bleeder)

I only get a couple of bubbles straight away then nip it up and the pedal i s perfect.....for a week anyway

There are no signs of a leak or fluid loss.

I have checked the pipe from the master to the concentric slave cylinder an d its all dry. Its a metal pipe with black plastic push in ends. Ford want £260 + vat for this part, I was thinking of replacing it to eliminate it but not at that price, and I don't suspect the pipe as it is dry anyway...

Has anyone had this issue

Any advice gratefully received

Reply to
b.tame1980

try leaving the clutch pedal depressed overnight using a suitable stick against the seat runners, that will show up any leaks clearly in the morning, (it is also a good way to eliminate micro air bubbles in the system). if the problem is still there, but no loss of fluid then the fault must be in either the master or slave cylinders. (master is the most common)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

od until a week later when the pedal started to sink causing the bite to be right at the bottom on the pedal and causing difficulty selecting gears. W e bled the clutch again and all was good for another week and same thing ha ppened again, So we decided to replace the clutch master cylinder but that didn't cure the problem, so whenever the clutch pedal sinks down I bleed it (using a pressure bleeder)

al is perfect.....for a week anyway

r and its all dry. Its a metal pipe with black plastic push in ends. Ford w ant ?260 + vat for this part, I was thinking of replacing it to elimin ate it but not at that price, and I don't suspect the pipe as it is dry any way...

Thanks for your reply

trouble is it takes about a week for it to sink... should I do this every n ight?

I can hold the clutch down with a power bar against the seat :)

Reply to
b.tame1980