Modeo estate spec ?

Hi, some help please...

A friend has just bought a '97 Mondeo 1.8 diesel LX estate manual. It came with no user manual and a few small problems - so I'm trying to help sort it out.

Is there an on-line source for a spec for the particular car, somewhere I could type in the registration number and find out how it was originally fitted out? Are there any on-line sources for a scanned image of the user handbook?

In particular I'm trying to work out if it is fitted with an alarm and if it was supposed to work with a remote (none was supplied with the car).

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

LX has an immobiliser and dead locking which is enabled by turning the key fully to the left and then the right in the door lock. No remote central locking.

Reply to
Conor

Conor expressed precisely :

Thanks Conor.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Try the double locking - but really, finding a good local Ford dealer will solve these problems.

Reply to
DervMan

Also try opening and shutting (or, if you're bright, pressing sensor button) the door eight times quickly. That'll get you into the alarm (if you have one) diagnostic mode, which is a quick pip from the alarm honker, and a small blip each time you test one of the alarm sensors.

John

Reply to
John Duffey

John Duffey formulated on Monday :

I found what I think is the alarm sounder in one of the rear wings - it looked like original install. I tried pressing the bonnet button several times quickly (the Granada method) to put it in test mode, I didn't know they had swapped it to the door button.

Thanks...

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield