Mondeo cam belt.

I,ve a 2001 Ghia x 2 lt which has done 74k miles.Does the cam belt need changing, and how much will it cost..Thank you

Reply to
peter.henriksen

AFAIR it's 100,000 mile interval.

Reply to
Conor

Depends if it's a mk3 or mk2??

Mk3 have chains so no it wont need changing Mk2 if it's a black top engine is 10yrs or 100,000miles whichever comes sooner.

Cost wise about 150-200pounds you want the full kit including tensioners etc.(thats a ford price).

Reply to
simondo

Thanks for the reply.I'm not sure if it's mk 2, or 3..Are their any markings or ID plates to look for.

Reply to
peter.henriksen

Yes. A completely different looking front end.

Reply to
Conor

I'ts a mk3..Thanks for your help.

Reply to
peter.henriksen

back end, sides, interior, general styling, size etc :-)

Is the front "round" or "square".

If it's round, it's a Mk 2, so it has a cambelt, and I'd check with Ford to see what the current interval is.

If it's a Mk 3 ("new shape"), as someone else said, it's got a chain, so won't need replacing (or if it does, it normally gives some notice).

HTH

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

It's the overall shape of the car. Around 2001 they were still producing some of the old shape Mondeo (the Mk2) - is it that, or is it broadly similar to the latest ones being sold brand new now?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan