Mondeo cam chain/belt?

I have just acquired a 2001 Y reg 2.0TD Mondeo and have been told it has a cam chain and not a belt and therefore (God willing!) it shouldn't need changing. Can anyone of you knowledgable people out there confirm this? if not a chain when should the cam belt be changed -80k miles?

Thanks Steve

Reply to
Steve Oliver

Hi Steve,

I was recently told by an experienced motor engineer that my 2000 mondeo would not need a change until 50K or 5 years.

Cheers

Reply to
Bob