Mondeo front bushes

Right, I've decided to try and sort out all the infamous bushes on the front of my Mk.1 Mondeo.

From a quick look, it seems like the swing arm bushes all need changing, as do the anti roll bar bushes.

The ARBs don't look too bad (but fiddly to get to).

The inner end of the swing arms goes inside the chassis rails, so even if I undid the bolts they'd still be held in by the rest of the suspension. Do I need to split the ball joint to get them out? Pull the driveshaft?

What's the best way? (Not the HBOL way, I don't fancy basing it on 'whole car strip and rebuild'...)

Reply to
PC Paul

Just change the whole bottom arm on each side. They're a whopping =A318=20 each at my local motor factors.

Split the balljoint, undo the two bolts, rive it out. Hardest part is=20 getting the balljoint pinch bolt out.

--=20 Conor

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.

Reply to
Conor

Is Your Email Vailid ?

Reply to
Urban Legend

Yes, it's a spamtrap. Feel free to use it, I *will* see whatever goes to it.

(As a few seemingly reputable companies have found to their cost when sending it spam... amazing what a well written email to their legal department explaining the meaning of 'email harvesting' and 'Spamming' can do...)

Reply to
PC Paul