MoT duration?

Hi all, I recently saw some documentation for a car that I won't be buying, but what struck me as odd were the MoT documents. Several of these were for about a year and a few days. So if they started on 30th of September 2005, they finished on the October the 7th 2006 - which struck me as a bit odd. But then I thought if you were going to the trouble of falsifying a car's MoT documents surely you'd not c*ck them up with something like that.

So there is a legitamite reason, isn't there? :-/

All the best, Angus Manwaring. (for e-mail remove ANTISPEM)

I need your memories for the Amiga Games Database: A collection of Amiga Game reviews by Amiga players

Angus Manwaring

You can MOT a car up to a month before it runs out and the new certificate will run for 12 months from the end of the old certificate.

It just means the previous owners didn't wait until it had run out before getting it done.

Reply to
PC Paul

Maximum is thirteen months.

The latest certificates even have the earliest date (to preserve the anniversary date) you can have your next test printed on them

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks gents, I'm now somewhat wiser.

just a bit. :)