Golf TDI 90 HP correct oil?

what you have is ok. (according to autodata it needs 15/40 to cf spec)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Yup, that's the right oil, the expensive stuff is for the PD version.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Hi all, My Golf Mk 4 TDI 2002 has started nagging for a service, so I duly went along to my VW dealer and bought the filters, oil etc.

I'm a bit worried though because there was a lot of head scratching about which oil to use (this is the first service since I've had the car).

I think because the car was imported from the continent by its original owner, its unusual for a 01/02 Golf not to be PD - and mine definitely isn't its a standard 90 HP.

With this in mind they supplied me with the Quantum SL multigrade advanced

15W-40 - which is the same stuff I put in petrol Mk 3 '94 Golf.

I'm not complaining, 'cos its a fair bit cheaper than the other oils thy had, but does it sound like the right choice?

Thanks.

All the best, Angus Manwaring. (for e-mail remove ANTISPEM)

I need your memories for the Amiga Games Database: A collection of Amiga Game reviews by Amiga players

Angus Manwaring

Last time a Seat dealer wanted to put some in it was £15/l that's almost what BP want for petrol now. ;) Thankfully a local independent stocks it much cheaper.

Reply to
Depresion

On 12-Jul-08 17:42:43, Duncan Wood said

Many thanks gents, I shall proceed. :)