MOT Tyre Valves

which pretty much says it all give up on him he has dug a deep enough hole, perhaps next time he will think more carefully about what he says!!!!! he;s clearly a fool!!!

Reply to
jamie8

That's not what I said. Someone who entrusts the tester to do a good job (probably a bit naive nowadays) is not responsible if the tester should cut corners. Someone who sits and watches them do it (and pays for the privilege) must accept some responsibility. The tester must have had a right laugh at you when you left. Though, frankly, I'm surprised he didn't laugh in your face.

I'm afraid your logic is far too inconsistent for me to follow. One moment you say the TRE is 50/50 pass/fail. Next you say you don't know what wear IS allowable yet you have decided it is safe.

You have obviously misunderstood me. The fact that it has been tested by a moron bothers me not one jot. The fact it is going to be driven by one for another year does.

As you so rightly say, there are a multitude of vehicles on the road that should not be there. You have it within your power to make it one less.

Still... I wish you a safe years motoring. For everyone else's sake if not just for yours.

Vin.

Reply to
Vin

So as long as i don't ever look at my car or watch work being done on it or work on it I'm innocent of any problems with it? I don't think the Police would agree. A bald tyre is a bald tyre whether the Driver checks it or not. Saying 'It's not my fault because I didn't check my tyre' wouldn't save you from 3 points!

Thankyou.

Reply to
DannyBoy

It's *nowhere near* that!

Trust me it's gonna be a struggle with grit, determination and blow lamp to get the f**ker off at any time in the near or distant future.

For some reason the idea of accidental detachment outside my garage on the day I'm doing it is making me smile!

Reply to
DannyBoy

I thought this but there are two blokes there. The other one was fair and 100 per cent profesional. That's why I went back.

Reply to
DannyBoy

Well you can't have it both ways! If you accept my judgement that it's not 100 per cent then you have to accept my judgement that it's safe for th eforseeable future!

Because it's over 40 quid for the proper re-test. Certainly not out of a fear of failing - even if it did I've got next years ticket. It can't become un-MOT'd if I go elsewhere.

Reply to
DannyBoy

So if I was looking for a hooky MOT I'd have gone to a place that did it *right* last time?

Well if he's the sole arbiter and my opinion is irrelevant then I'm ok becasue he says it's fine! Personally I think *my* opinion is the more valid but if you're happy with his view that's fine by me.

Not what I said.

As I said, no tyre wear yet! That's when I'll change it, when it starts to show on the tyres.

The reason that I'm not changing the thing now is that despite your view that it's gonna pop off at any minute *I think* it's gonna be a bastard to get off. And I don't want the hassle yet. After all it may outlast the car.

Reply to
DannyBoy

It *is*. CHeck out

DannyBoy

I'm not sure I'd trust your judgement, somehow.

With the correct tools, changing a TRE is usually a pretty simple job, although the tracking has to be checked afterwards.

They don't break where you disconnect them. The ball joint pulls out of the housing. See what I mean about your judgment?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Many decent MOT places do the re-test free if the faults are fixed within a few days. They're not obliged to by law, though, apart from certain simple things.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Exactly what I was thinking. Mr Dannyboy is obviously quite clueless. Once there's any play in the joint then it's time to change it, having had one fail (on a car I'd bought the day before with 12mths ticket I hasten to add) I can only reiterate that Mr DB wants to die.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

hello,

In my experience it is better to take the car to a place that doesn't also do many repairs. That way they will not look for something to fail the car on. I have also had a car fail at one MOT place and pass at another on the same day without any trouble, so maybe standards of people testing cars are not the same.

Reply to
jqo

Hello,

I wouldn't want to drive a car that had a fault causing it to fail the MOT anyway, so wouldn't it be easier to have the problem resolved before you have an accident or possibly cause one? This is why i can never understand people wanting to buy forged/fake MOT's in the pub.

Reply to
jqo

The cheek of that, police cars and vehicles don't need an MOT test as they are meant to be maintaned to a "higher standard". have you seen the state of some of them!

Reply to
jqo

Well given that it only in my judgement that there might be play then we can assume there isn't a problem!

Won't do the tracking myself. I can remember one frost morning trying to seperate the TRE. Simple it was. BUt it involved a great deal of effort IIRC.

The idea that was amusing me was the idea of the ball popping out just as I'm about to start working on it saving me the hassle of seperating it.

Reply to
DannyBoy

Or the car could outlast the TRE.... by about two seconds.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Thank you and goodnight.

Vin.

Reply to
Vin

He also makes mention of tyre wear. Given the cost of tyres and that of most TREs, it's cheaper to replace the TRE before it damages the tyres.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I really think you should take it to a garage. The ball joint doesn't pop out in the same way as you separate the TRE from the steering arm. It fooking breaks...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The message from danny snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk (DannyBoy) contains these words:

So many of us are beginning to suspect.

Reply to
Guy King

I suggest you f*ck off and pay some attention to your own vehicles rather that whineing about mine.

If you don't check your TRE's what else do you neglect?

Reply to
DannyBoy