MOT Tyre Valves

I see nothing there that says the car has to have the wheels hanging in the air to test the rack.

Reply to
Stuffed

Since tyre valves are only 10 p each (wholesale) or a pound or so from a tyre shop, why not get some new ones anyway, (costco will charge you 2 pounds plus vat for a new valve and rebalance on one wheel) Changing a track rod end only takes a few minutes on any car or even light commercials. If you have difficulty with the taper pin, then buy or borrow/hire a lever operated ball joint splitter. If the adjuster thread is rusted up (rare IME) then use heat to free it.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

DannyBoy (danny snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

So why didn't you change it before the test?

Reply to
Adrian

Because it's not that bad and I was pretty certain it would get through.

Reply to
DannyBoy

When I was an inspector many moons ago I never failed a car on this!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Track rod end faulty can lead to death - very strange indeed. Hope you aren't carrying kids around with you.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

So you would rather save money than kill somebody?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Drivers have to take responsibility for their actions this means making sure all tyres and lights are OK.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I wouldn't. Would you?