OT: MOT advisory

Andy Cap (Andy snipped-for-privacy@nosuch.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Indeed they wouldn't. But they're not going to be replacing the joint themselves - so they don't need to know. They just need to know that something needs replacing soon. Take it in to the garage and say "I've been given an advisory on the MOT - can you fix it?"

Reply to
Adrian

Ah but they didn't. They said 'be prepared for a bill next year', which seems to me to be inadequate advice in the circumstances.

Perhaps there should/could be an associated recommended time to service ?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

no problem with that.

seems to me to be inadequate advice in the circumstances.

i wouldn't have said it was inadequate advice, at this point did you ask what would require replacing next year or just take your paper work & go.

i could do 8/9 mot's a day some customers want to discuss thier advisories or any problems, im happy to do that if they ask or some just pay & leave, their choice.

but i dont hang around waiting to see them others id get bugger all done !

Reply to
reg

From the original post.

"I asked the receptionist guy what should be done about it and he said I should simply be prepared for a bill next year !"

I'm going to get it sorted anyway. Don't like running cars which have begun to accumulate a list of even minor defects.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

No they don't. The only lubrication is the grease put into them when assembled, just the same as a track rod end.

Reply to
moray

indeed, but the good bit is the very limited range of movement they endure

Reply to
Mrcheerful

i think that an mot station that doesn't issue an advisory for anything be it a testable item or not are very foolish.

there are two phrases that VOSA bang into us from day one of being a tester & then on refresher course's C.Y.A - Cover Your Arse & PANDA - Pass And Advise.

Reply to
reg

Therein lies the problem. Talk to the organ grider, not the monkey. No receptionist will be able to give you an answer, but the tester will.

Reply to
Brian