Previa maintenance

Yes, the seat sit on a metal cover that unbolts, takes about 10 mins when you know how....

Altenator etc is under the bonnet.

Autoboxes on these are ultra reliable..

Best place to check them out would be the owners club

Hope that helps

Reply to
Tim Anderson

Looking to buy an 8 seat previa p / r reg. Not being used to the car was a bit alarmed at the lack of access to the engine being only via a small flap to get at auto box dipstick and main engine oil fill. Couldnt even see the plugs! Is this car a total no no for self service being accessable only from underneath on a car lift or are some things possible? Can you get at the oil filter and drain plug? Any info please.

Reply to
Capt T

The two front seats are easily removable for engine access if you need more than just the dipstick.

Beware autoboxes on these do not last much beyond 100k unless they have been treated to fresh fluid every 18-24months- seek proof this has been done, or else find a manual 'boxed car.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Thanks Tim..Does this give total access so to speak to all ancillary gubbins?? Re the gear box how can I check if fresh fluid has been used recently since most sellers would be economical with the truth.?? Is the sight of clean fluid enough? If a box goes is it mega bucks to fix? tks for replying

Reply to
Capt T

Nope not really. Could have been changed to disguise poor previous history or even a problem.

If a box goes is it mega bucks to fix?

If you sourced a known good 2nd hand box, and had someone fit it, roughtly

5-600 quid? More along the lines of think of a number then double it.

I have ridden in several Auto Previa / Lucida Taxi's in Brum but the firm told me they buy up runners / non runners whenever they see them to use as donor vehicles...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..