Re: M.O.T and Steering problem

>Just wondered if anyone can help me out. I have a old Cavalier, when I turn >hard right I get a a funny rubbing noise come from underneath on the >righthand side. Anyone know what this might be and if it will be an instant >fail on the MOT as this is coming up in the next few weeks. > >Thanks >

uk.rec.cars.maintenance added

Reply to
Daytona

What age/model/wheel size?

Check the wheel isn't actually rubbing on the liner. Mine was recently, as a reult of tired springs and worn bump stops. As a CDX it has the bigger tyres and alloys so there isn't much clearance anyway.

Other thought is if the rubbing is more of a knock/rumble or clunking, and you have a CV joint on the way out

Ian

Reply to
IanDTurner

My apologies if I posted in the wrong group. The car is a Vauxhall cavalier, 1991, model is 1.8ls, wheel are r14

Cheers

Reply to
Shamen

No problem, you weren't far out, it's just that I assume there's a greater probability of a correct answer on the maintenance group.

Daytona

Reply to
Daytona