Right back wheel locked Escort LX 1.6

that sir is a £64000 question, who knows ?? it may be fine or it may lock again. it may also be another fault, dont know untill the wheel & drum comes off.

how long was the car sitting there with the handbrake on? few days or a few weeks?? it may be caused by the handbrake cable, you took off the hand brake but that one wheel remained on full brake

untill it has been checked out , no one really knows the answer.

Reply to
aussie bongo

My guess? The brake lining has separated from the shoe - and is wrapped over inside the hub.

I've had this happen with glued brakes. The pop rivited ones never used to do this!

Rob

Reply to
Bobbber

Curses, you stole my line.