SatNav for Mondeo

I was thinking of getting the Garmin i3 for my Mondeo - anyone had any problems with dash-mounting this unit or does the heated-screen interfere with the signal?

Ideally I would prefer to mount it someone near the centre console - is this possible with this unit? Or recommend a unit that would fit the bill.

Thanks

Reply to
ScoobyDoo

I've used a number of GPS receivers behind a QuickClear windscreen (in the Ka) and they've worked 90% as well as they have in a car without.

There isn't enough bandwidth to properly discuss viable alternatives. :)

We opted for a Fortuna Bluetooth Clip-On GPS receiver, which works with most Bluetooth-equipped PDAs. It's very portable (car, boat, hiking), has great battery life and you can literally chuck the receiver anywhere in the car. If you find that the GPS signal is poor in the Mondeo you can mount the GPS receiver on the rear parcel shelf (say) and all will be well.

Reply to
DervMan

Hi DervMan

I was wondeirng if you have used a tomtom ONE in a vw golf 1.6. I was just wondeirng if it works in this car as I'm thinking of getting one. I read a few places saying some gps units dont work with certain windscreens....

cheers

Reply to
mocha

You can use a re-radiating antenna. The actual antenna goes outside the car (anywhere such as bonnet, boot, roof - it's not permanent so no holes need drilling) and the re-radiating antenna comes with a velcro pad that you stick somewhere near the TomTom (or whatever). The signal is picked up outside and re-radiated inside the car.

Have a look at

Mogweed

My TomTom GO 300 works fine in my VW Bora (2002 model).

Reply to
xscope

Thanks mogweed just what I was after.

Reply to