Selling car without private plate.

I may sell my car privately but it has a p/p on it that I want to keep and transfer on to an other car. Anyone know what the procedure is on transferring the plate to my new car (2nd hand) when I get it and who sorts the plates out for the old car. Is there the =A380 reg fee & who pays? I think it maybe less hassle if I was to p/ex my car and let the dealer sort it out as I may buy from a dealer & not private all depends on what they give for my old car TIA.

Reply to
TGS

TGS ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

(
)

It'll get an age-related plate.

Ummm, you do... Who else would?

You'll still pay the £80... plus you'll be paying for the dealer to take the hassle.

Reply to
Adrian

Thanks for that good info and the link. 3

Reply to
TGS

Obviously though buying from a dealer, you could probably get that in the deal... In fact, let's face it, you could heh.

Reply to
Iridium

Iridium ( snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Still going to come out of your pocket, though, because the dealer's going to factor it into the "cost-to-change", whether he does it on the PX value or the sale price he agrees to.

Reply to
Adrian

IANAL etc, but i'm sure I remember someone else letting a dealer "sort it out" - the dealer kept it !

As soon as you sign the docs for the sale, they own the car - including registration.

It was covered on uk.legal about 18-24 months ago IIRC !

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Aint no dodgy back street car sales place thouigh, Talking Bentley Essex -)

Reply to
TGS