Stranded Female Well Nearly

Right got a mondeo and the starter motor has stuck!!! I can probably get a few guys to unstick it, but does that mean I need a new one or will it probably run for months until it goes kaput|!

Is it the cold weather that has done it?

Thanks for listening and hopefully answering

Brummie

Anonymous

Also sprach "brummie girl@brummieland." :-

In my experience fiddling with 'em prolongs their life, but only by a month or two. You'll probably be needing a new one shortly - though a reconditioned one will do fine.

Reply to
Guy King

What do you mean, stuck? Do you mean stuck engaged or disengaged? Won't it engage to start the engine, or is it being driven round by the engine when it's running?

Rob Graham

Reply to
Robin Graham

Hehe, if the latter it'll be totally shafted and not being driven by the engine now, having throughly grenaded itself as soon as the engine was revved from idle speed!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.