Thermostat Location: Seat Ibiza 1994 1.9D Engine (also Golf/Polo/Vento)

Clue's in the title, really - where's the thermostat on my 1994 vintage Seat Ibiza 1.9 diesel (1Y series engine, as also fitted to the VW Golf/Polo/Vento of similar vintage)?

The Haynes manual says it's in an pipe elbow somewhere below the coolant pump (which seems to give me a choice of several possible locations), and shows a picture from a 2.0 litre petrol engine which looks nothing like the area around the coolant pump on my diesel model.

Help much appreciated.

Reply to
Nick Dobb

Its usually at the engine end of the top or bottom hose.

Reply to
Conor

Ta, that may well narrow it down - I'll have a look

Reply to
Nick Dobb