Toyota Supra cam belt??

1994 non turbo 3 ltr Toyota Supra

Can any of you wizzo's out there tell me if a cam belt change on the above car is a front garden and a set of spanners job???........or does the car have to got to a local garage to be done??

ttfn....Alistair

Reply to
Alistair Ross

If yours is broken then you are in trouble.

If it is just routine replacement then it is quite possible for a good home mechanic, I did several in the old days when they were popular round here, quite straightforward. Getting the crank pulley off is the hardest bit.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks

This is prevention rather than tears, my son's pal has bought a car, but does not know the history.

ttfn....Alistair

Reply to
Alistair Ross