Tyres opinions?

It hasn't, I'll agree. I used to work for Michelin, so I do know a little about tyres ;-)

I was trying to reinforce the fact that cheapo remoulds just won't cut it on a car like this.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

If you know all about tyres why are you asking for opinions ;-) You probably know more than most on here LOL.

Personally i dont like pirelli - they have good wear rates but sacrifice traction for it. I find michelin the same. Avon - depends on the model - there are some VERY good ones and some average ones - you get what you pay for generally.

I have Federal SS595's on my 300hp 4x4 celica and find they grip better than the rainsports i used to have and were less than half the price though, so there are exceptions to every rule.

The Toyo T1-S is a very well rated performance tyre, as is the Goodyear Eagle F1, amazing grip but be prepared to pay for it.

Coyoteboy

Because 20 years ago I was on the manufacturing side. Times have changes, tread patterns and technologies have changed, and it's a long time sinec XZX and XVS! I remember both Firestone and Pirelli going bust. But both brands are still around! I was after up-to-date real-life opinions about how modern tyres grip and wear.

All opinions listened to, and I'll take a final balance of price v grip etc later.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Fair play, figured it would be something along those lines :) Couldnt help myself!

I have found tyretest.com to be suprisingly accurate. Like with most things though, take the best and worst with a pinch of common-sense-salt and you'll get a good summary, and see where theres sod all difference except cost!

Coyoteboy