Vauxhall Omega Auto Problem

Hi

My 98 V6 2.5 auto box is beginning to get stuck in park; sometimes depressing the brake pedal, (Brake Light Check), does not unlock the selector lever. This happens more often when the car has been running for a while.

If I leave a few moments and press the pedal again a few times it eventually unlocks but I feel that this will probably get worse and I will be stuffed.

Any ideas what the problem is and how it can be fixed, (and how much?)

Thanks in advance

Mal

Reply to
Dasta-1

Check the brake light fuse in the fusebox and make sure it has a good contact. If "brake light check" goes out and you hear the locking pin release then and the lever is stuck the locking mechanism may be at fault. Its not necessarily the autobox but you didnt say what mileage is on the vehicle. Alternatively remove the brake light fuse temporarily and move the locking pin manually with a screwdriver (the procedure is in the handbook) to eliminate this from the equation. regards, Michael.

Reply to
michael kinsella

Check if the brake lights come on when you press on the brake pedal- it so, then your probably looking at a sticking interlock solonoid under the selector lever cover.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.