Vauxhall Omega stalling when idling and hot

Hi, At the weekend, my vauxhall omega 2.0 DOHC 16V started cutting out frequently when stopping at junctions/roundabouts, but only when the engine is warmed up. The idle control valve has been replaced quite recently to stop uneven idling which it cleared OK. I tried the "paper clip" approach to see what error codes the ecu produced, and it listed 12,73,93. For siemens simtec 56.1 ecu

73 is described in various www sites as mass airflow sensor voltage low or mass airflow temperature sensor low. 93 is hall sensor voltage low. Do either of these sound likely candidates for the problem I'm describing or should I look at something else ? Cheers TonyB
Reply to
Tony Benham

I owned a 2.0 litre Omega for just over two years. It was the most unreliable car that I have ever owned in my life bar none. I had similar problems to you and, in the first instance it was indeed the idle air control valve causing the problem. I also had similar problems caused by failure (twice) of the lambda sensor and (once) of the crankshaft sensor. It would be simpler to list the items that did *not* fail on this car during the time that I had it!!!

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

I've had a 2.5 V6 for just over two years now without a glitch, touch wood.

Dave

Reply to
Funkyman

Yes - I reckon its just the luck of the draw. I note in this week's Auto Express 'Watch Dog' section that someone who bought a brand new Vectra SRi has suffered 24 faults in just a matter of months. He's presently waiting for new shock absorbers! He reckons he's spent £200 on fuel going backwards and forwards to the dealership for problems to be sorted out! I'm sure, however, that there will be SRi owners who say they've had no problems at all. It just baffles me that some cars seem to be completely trouble free - and others seem to be complete lemons with everything going wrong. My Omega was 2/half years old and had 15k on the clock when I bought it. It was in superb condition and had full dealer service history. It hardly went a full month without something failing however: Idle air control valve, Lambda sensors (two), CD player, water pump, crank-shaft sensor, timing-belt pulleys, differential oil seal, ecu, outside air temp sensor, brake pad wear sensors, etc. I got so fed up of the Engine Management warning light flashing up and the engine cutting out that I got rid of the car after just two years as a complete liability.

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

In article , Tony Benham writes