Volvo 440 idle problem

Hi, A few weeks ago on a cold morning the idle revs went down to about 500 then up to 2000, and continued to pulse between the two. The problem went away but has now reoccured, but as well as pulsing between 500 and 2000 rpm it sometimes sticks at 2500 rpm. The car is a 1994 model and the engine is the

1.8 litre single point injection unit, after looking at the Haynes maual it appears to be the B18U engine. Could it be the idle control motor?. any advice would be appreciated. Thankyou in advance. Shane
Reply to
shane

Microswitch on end of stepper motor rod has failed.

replace stepper motor assembly.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

 Thankyou for you advice, I first checked for any breaks in the wires to   the idle control motor, and for any earthing problems, and they are ok, so I have purchased a new idle control motor which I will fit tomorrow.                      Shane
Reply to
shane