Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Neglected Car
I have a Volvo 340 which has been off the road for about 14 months. The battery has been on separate charge for about 20 hours, and shows a few signs of recovery. Is it likely to be of any use in...
10
10

Astra fuel pump relay
Hi, N Reg 1.6i Astra Sport. Haynes manual says fuel pump relay is in RH footwell. Cannot see it. Is the manual correct, or do I look elsewhere ? Thanks, Andy

restoring an old car alarm
Hi, I just purchased a 1990 Honda Civic. In the documents given to me, I found an instruction manual and receipt for a Pirahna alarm (I know they have been out of business for years). According to the...
1
1

Rover Starting Problems
hi i have an 820si 1993 and i can get it to run for a couple of seconds if i pump the accelerater with the ignition on or else it won't start at all anyideas cheers
7
7

Honda Civic hesisation at startup ; CV joint question
I've just purchased a 1990 Honda Civic from an elderly lady who drove it twice a month (city miles) so it has 40K miles. The engine is clean and the car passed its MOT (UK vehicle inspection) a couple...
2
2

Rover 216 1989 Hot Start Issue
Hi all Have had problems starting the above car from hot for some time now and after following some earlier postings I have changed the igniter module withing the distributor. No joy problem mremains,...
3
3

Re: Michelin Pilot Exalto
Scooby What part of the country are you in, the reason why i am asking is that down here in Hampshire there is a place called Micheldever Tyres, which is by far the cheapest i have ever come across....
5
5

Grinding noise and severe movement?
Hi, I've got an L-reg Ford Orion 1.4 Equipe which has developed a horrific grinding noise and is so difficult to control, I've had to take it off the road. Basically, the noise sounds like two stones...
2
2

Astra misfiring, losing power and cutting out
My Dad has a rather aging Vauxhall Astra Merit Estate, G reg, 1.4 petrol, not fuel injected or anything like that. Recently it has started to suddenly mis-fire and lose all power when travelling...
5
5

Speedometer reset
My wife's car a VW Golf Mrk 3, year 92 recently needed a new Speedometer that I got from the scrapYard and installed for her. The replacement works just fine, except that the Electronic Mileage it...
7
7

Knock me down with a feather.
Took my 2 cars down for urgent MOT's on Friday. Both passed no probs, (well apart from some slight 'advisory' stuff.) It was a place that solely does MOT's I have often been left with a nasty taste in...
16
16

Mondeo Diesel Timing advance device
Has anybody got any experience of the 1.8TD Endura DE, fitted in 98 mondeos ? It suffers with intermittent power loss which appears to be worse on warm up and has erratic fast idle around 1600RPM, I...

12 v and all that petrol dissapearing!
Further to my earlier posting (petrol disappears) Oops, yes of course I got my maths wrong ! Obvious when I look at it now.TY for all replies, sarcastic and otherwise! Think I will try Richard's idea...

Fiat 126 clutch parts and Autoglym products - online sources?
Hi all. I wonder if anybody can help me with UK on-line sources for - 1975 Fiat 126 clutch replacement parts - Autoglym car cleaning products I would be grateful for any pointers: my goals are mainly...
3
3

Talking of a stop gap car between the Carlton and the Audi......
I'm *very* tempted. In fact I might even end up falling in love with it and not getting the Audi. Ok, so it's not going to drive as nice as the Carlton, it won't be quick, heck it doesn't even have a...
6
6